The Steps For My School Success Module is designed to motivate students in both Primary and High school to take responsibility for their own learning and set meaningful learning goals from the inside-out.
The workshop can be repeated at the beginning of each school year and then reviewed on a regular basis throughout the year to assist young people review, reset and achieve their own learning goals on a regular basis with the support of the parent, teacher or peer coach.
The CYPFS Leader will take each student through the 5 P.O.W.E.R coaching steps to assist them design a “Steps For My School Success” Action Plan that is personalised and owned by them.
Each student will:-
- Review how they feel about their current school performance.
- Identify how they would love it to be.
- Assess their current personal performance in 10 priority areas.
- Assess their current academic performance.
- Set goals in the subjects and priority areas they want to improve.
- Weigh up the costs and benefits of making the effort to reach their goals.
- Identify the potential blockers and the skills they will need to get there.
- Design a plan and identify the SMART steps they will take straight away.
The Module can be completed as a 2 1/2 hour workshop or one to one and can also be delivered in conjunction with the Life, Career and Peer coaching modules to form an extended coaching program.
- Steps for My School Success Slideshow
- Steps for My School Success Leader’s Manual
- Steps For My School Success Pathway Plan (printable PDF or Writable PDF)
- Student Completion Certificate
PLUS two sets of coaching activity card sorts
View other Modules..