About Moving Up
Transitioning from primary to secondary school is a pivotal point in a young person’s life.
Research indicates that some of the key concerns they have are around making new friends, belonging, being bullied, coping with the additional workload and adjusting to having lots of teacher.
Every student design their own “Step for my high school success” transition plan, that includes strategies to assist them:-
What is included?
Student Workbook – pdf
Student Slideshow Gallery
Student Certificate - pdf
My Life Coaching Cards - pdf
My E.Q Coaching E-Cards -pdf
Qualities Coaching E-Cards-pdf
Deliver the program over 3-5 hours in the classroom.
Lead your students through our signature five step P.O.W.E.R Coaching Model to design their own “Steps For My High School Success” action plan over 3- 5 hours in groups or online. Their plans can then be used for ongoing coaching and support.
Step 1. P = Imagine Possibilities – How would you love high school to be?
• Celebrate their primary school experiences.
• Explore their feelings about going to secondary school.
• Identify their future hopes and aspirations
Step 2. O = Become Organised and make a plan
• Learn the differences between primary and high school.
• Identify any fears and challenges they may face.
• Brainstorm strategies to be their best in five key areas:
1. Making new friends connect to teachers.
2. Adjusting to new routines and knowing their way around.
3. Getting involved, have fun, and growing in confidence.
4. Managing the workload and performing well.
5. Becoming independent and organised.
Step 3. W = Develop Willpower to overcome obstacles
• Weigh up the costs and benefits of making the effort.
• Build their commitment, confidence, and responsibility.
Step 4. E = Build Emotional Skills to be your best.
• Identify their unique qualities and strengths.
• Identify the skills and qualities they want to develop.
Step 5. R = Achieve Results by taking action
• Design two S.M.A.R.T steps they will take from today.
• Identify who will support them along the way.
• Celebrate by receiving a “Moving Up” certificate.
To promote good practice, please note that you are advised to use the CYPFS program materials within the boundaries of your professional expertise.