Coaching YOUNG PEOPLE for Success
Moving Up Program
Steps for My High School Success
A "ready to deliver" workshop for educators to assist students make a successful transition from Primary to Secondary school.
About Moving Up
Moving from primary to secondary school is a significant point of transition in a young person’s life. It is a time when they may feel both excited and anxious about what lies ahead and how they will adjust to the change.
Research indicates, that some of the key concerns young people have are, worry about being bullied and whether they will make friends and fit in, anxiety about their ability to cope the work and adjusting to having different teachers for subjects, to name a few.
Moving Up is a student-centred and strengths based program that comes with the training and all the resources teachers need to assist students prepare both emotionally and practically to make a positive and successful transition to high school.
What is included?
The Moving Up Module comes with all the resources you need for easily delivery in groups straight away!
Moving Up can be delivered over 3-5 hours in the classroom and comes with instructional training videos, a leader’s guide, step by step slideshows, printable student workbooks and three sets of coaching activity card sorts that can all be downloaded to your desk top for lifelong use.
Online Leader Accreditation Training
The Program comes with online self paced trainings videos that will take you step by step through the program and all the resources so you can confidently deliver the “Moving UP Workshop with the students you support.
You will learn how to lead students through the five P.O.W.E.R Coaching steps and assist them design their own personalised “Steps for My High School Success” action plan.
Moving Up can be delivered over 2-4 hours in the classroom. .
Moving Up Overview
P = Imagine Possibilities – How would you it to be?
- Reflect on and celebrate their primary school achievements.
- Explore how they feel about leaving and moving up to secondary school.
- Identify their hopes and aspirations for secondary school and set goals for school and beyond.
O = Become Organised and make a plan
- Understand the differences between primary and high school.
- Identify their fears and any challenges they may face.
- Brainstorm strategies together to overcome challenges in five key areas.
- Making new friends
- Knowing their way around.
- Having fun, feeling happy and growing in confidence.
- Performing well academically
- Being independent and organised.
- Make a personal plan of what they will do to be their best.
W = Develop Willpower and motivation
- Explore the costs and benefits of making an effort in high school.
- Ask themselves if it is worth the effort.
- Build their motivation, confidence and self-responsibility.
E = Build your Emotional Skills to be your best
Identify and celebrate the unique qualities and strengths they will take with them.
Identify the skills and qualities they want to develop in the future to be their best.
R = Achieve Results by taking action
- Design two SMART steps they take.
- Identify who they will get to support them along the way.
Student Workbook – PDF
Moving Up Slideshow
Three sets of coaching activity e-card sorts
Download to your desk top and print for lifelong use.
Get coaching in three simple steps...
Click on the add to cart.
Complete your order details & set your password.
Login in and start your training and access the resources.
Price (in AUD) with commercial licence
$650.00 up front, and $50.00 per year
50% Discount for Schools & Not for Profits.
Price: $300.00 and $50 per year subscription
View our other modules…
All prices are listed in Australian Dollars (AUD) and exclude GST.
To promote good practice, please note that you are advised to use the CYPFS program materials within the boundaries of your professional expertise.