Moving Up Program
For teachers and coaches
A complete "toolkit" to assist primary school students transition to secondary school with confidence and optimism.
About Moving Up
Transitioning from primary to secondary school is a pivotal point in a young person’s life. During this time students may feel excited about a fresh start while anxious about their new environment, so it’s important to equip them with the skills they need to successfully adjust.
Research indicates that the key concerns of concern for this age group are making friends, fitting in, being bullied, coping with the workload and adjusting to having several teachers instead of one.
The Moving Up is a student-centred and strengths-based coaching program is designed to to cover these topics and assist students prepare both emotionally and practically to make a successful transition to high school.
Moving Up Overview
Moving Up can be delivered over 2 – 5 hours in the classroom or online .
P = Imagine Possibilities - How would you love high school to be?
- Reflect on and celebrate their primary school years.
- Explore their feelings about moving up to secondary school.
- Identify their hopes and aspirations and set goals for school and beyond.
O = Become Organised and make a plan
- Understand the differences between primary and high school.
- Identify their fears and any potential challenges on the horizon
- Brainstorm strategies together to overcome challenges in five key areas.
- Making new friends
- Knowing their way around.
- Having fun and getting involved.
- Performing well academically
- Being independent and organised.
- Developing a personal transition plan.
W = Develop Willpower to overcome obstacles
- Explore the costs and benefits of making an effort in high school.
- Reflect on whether their goals are worth the effort.
- Build their motivation, confidence and sense of self-responsibility.
E = Build Emotional Skills to be your best.
Identify and celebrate the unique qualities and E.Q skills they currently possess
Identify the E.Q skills and qualities they want to strengthen in the future.
R = Achieve Results by taking action
- Design two S.M.A.R.T steps they can take from today.
- Identify the key people who will support them along the way.
What is included........
All the resources you need to deliver right away !
Online Leader Training
Moving Up comes with a leaders manual and an online training program that you can complete through a combination of self paced videos and a live coaching session. You will be guided step by step through the program and all the resources, so you can confidently coach the students you support right away.
Download three sets of coaching activity card sorts and print for lifelong use
You will also receive
Purchase and start coaching straight away!
For private practitioners and coaches
$950.00 up front, and $50.00 per year
For schools and youth organisations
$300 up front and $50 per year
All prices in AUD
View the other modules in the CYPFS series
P.O.W.E.R Coaching Cards
The Essentials Program
(includes 3 Modules)
To promote good practice, please note that you are advised to use the CYPFS program materials within the boundaries of your professional expertise.