Moving Up Program
For teachers and coaches
A complete "toolkit" to assist primary school students transition to secondary school with confidence and optimism.
About Moving Up
Transitioning from primary to secondary school is a pivotal point in a young person’s life. During this time students may feel excited about a fresh start while anxious about their new environment, so it’s important to equip them with the skills they need to successfully adjust.
Research indicates that the key concerns of concern for this age group are making friends, fitting in, being bullied, coping with the workload and adjusting to having several teachers instead of one.
The Moving Up is a student-centred and strengths-based coaching program is designed to to cover these topics and assist students prepare both emotionally and practically to make a successful transition to high school.
Moving Up Overview
Moving Up can be delivered over 3 – 6 hours in the classroom or online.
P = Imagine Possibilities - How would you love high school to be?
• How would you love high school to be?
• Celebrate their primary school experiences.
• Explore their feelings about going to secondary school.
• Identify their future hopes and aspirations.
O = Become Organised and make a plan
• Learn the differences between primary and high school.
• Identify any fears and challenges they may face.
• Brainstorm strategies to be their best in five key areas:
1. Making new friends connect to teachers.
2. Adjusting to new routines and know their way around.
3. Getting involved, have fun, and growing in confidence.
4. Managing the workload and performing well.
5. Becoming independent and organised.
W = Develop Willpower to overcome obstacles
• Weigh up the costs and benefits of making the effort.
• Build their commitment, confidence, and responsibility.
E = Build Emotional Skills to be your best.
• Identify their unique qualities and strengths.
• Identify the skills and qualities they want to develop.
R = Achieve Results by taking action
• Design two S.M.A.R.T steps they will take from today.
• Identify who will support them along the way.
• Celebrate by receiving a “Moving Up” certificate.
What is included........
All the resources you need to deliver right away !
Online Leader Training
Moving Up comes with a leader’s manual and an online self-paced instructional training videos that will guide you step by step through the program and all the resources, so you can confidently coach the students you support right away.
You will also receive
Purchase and start coaching straight away!
Schools & Youth Agencies
$300 plus $50 annual subscription
$950 plus $50 annual subscription
All prices in AUD
View the other modules in the CYPFS series
To promote good practice, please note that you are advised to use the CYPFS program materials within the boundaries of your professional expertise.