Coaching YOUNG PEOPLE for Success
Peer Coaching SKILLS
A train the trainer "toolkit" to teach others how to be great peer coaches.
For all Coaches, Trainers & Youth Professionals.
About Peer Coaching Skills
The module has eight hours of evidenced based coaching activities that can be delivered in groups, one on one or online.
Where can it be delivered?
The Peer Coaching Skills Module is designed to enhance a wide range of programs that you might be currently delivering.
It can also be delivered as a stand alone program, or in conjunction with all the other CYPFS Coaching Modules to form a complete coaching system.
- Leadership programs
- Peer Mentoring / support programs
- Personal development programs
- Career support programs
- Employability skills programs
- Communication skills programs
- Mental health and well-being programs
- Volunteer programs
- Introduction to Peer Coaching
- Understanding the role of a Peer coach
- Identify the main skills and qualities of a great peer coach
- Identify your personality type and key strengths as a coach
- Learn deep listening skills
- Learn how to identify and give strengths based feedback
- Learn how to ask solutions- focused Vs problem focussed questions
- Understanding behaviour change processes
- Learn and practise The G.O.A.L Coaching Conversation© A simple but powerful framework that peer coaches can use to assist others identify their goals, design action plans and then support them to develop the resilience they need to be successful.
- Reflect on your learning and design a coaching skills development plan.
- Program evaluation, review and future planning.
What is included?
All the resources to coach in groups, one to one or online, including....
Online Leader Training
Through a combination of self paced videos and a live coaching session with a CYPFS trainer, you will be guided through the program and all the coaching resources, so you can confidently train others in the key skills they need to effectively support others within their own school or community group.
Receive access to a Peer Coaching Skills workbook – PDF, that you can print for every participant you train. It includes an outline of the training program, theory, and activities for them to keep.
Access a comprehensive slideshow gallery that will guide you “step by step” through every activity in the peer coaching skill training module.
Participation Certificate - pdf
The completion certificate can be printed for every participant who completes the coaching skills training program to celebrate their achievements.
Download two sets of coaching activity card sorts for life long use
My Life Coaching E-Cards
The My Life coaching card images are used to assist peer coaches connect to how they feel about being a coach of others and also create a mental picture of the type of coach they want to be. The cards are powerful tools to demonstrate a fundamental role of the coach is to assist their coachee’s move from where they are today to where they want to be in the future.
My LifeType coaching e-cards
The My LifeType Coaching Cards outline six key personality types. A key activity in developing successful coaches is to assist them become aware of their own personality type and natural coaching and communication preferences. This knowledge will give them a deeper appreciation of themselves and how to connect with others in empathic and meaningful ways.
Purchase and access the resources
and leader training straight away.
For private practitioners and coaches
$950.00 up front, and $50.00 per year
For schools and youth organisations
$300 up front and $50 per year
View the other modules & products in the CYPFS series
The Complete Program
(includes all 6 modules)
The Essentials Program
(includes 3 Modules)
P.O.W.E.R Coaching Cards
To promote good practice, please note that you are advised to use the CYPFS program materials within the boundaries of your professional expertise.