One of the most beautiful gifts in the world is the gift of encouragement.
When you encourage someone, you help that person over a threshold they might otherwise never have crossed on their own.
Here are some language tips to use to create a growth mindset:
● Emphasize Effort: Encourage the belief that effort and persistence are key to success, rather than innate abilities or talent. Use phrases such as “Your hard work and dedication will pay off” or “Keep pushing yourself and you’ll achieve your goals”.
● Encourage Learning: Encourage a love of learning by emphasizing that mistakes and challenges are opportunities to grow and improve. Use phrases such as “Every mistake is a chance to learn something new” or “Challenges are a chance to stretch and develop new skills”.
● Promote Self-Reflection: Encourage self-reflection to help individuals identify their strengths and areas for improvement. Use phrases such as “Take time to reflect on your progress and set new goals” or “Think about what you can do differently next time to improve your results”.
● Foster Resilience: Encourage the belief that setbacks and failures are temporary and can be overcome. Use phrases such as “Don’t give up, keep pushing through the tough times” or “Believe in yourself and keep trying, you’ll get there”.
● Focus on the Journey: Encourage individuals to focus on the process of growth and development, rather than just the end result. Use phrases such as “Enjoy the journey of growth and development” or “The process of learning is just as important as the end result”.
Olga Varsos – Life Business Consultancy, Director
**Every Module in the Coaching Young People For Success Program incorporates The five step P.O.W.E.R Model to strengthen HOPE, resilience and goal striving in young people.