How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purpose:
- To be able to address you by your name.
- To process your order and the payment transaction.
- To send a confirmation of your order to your email address.
- To send emails to update you on your order.
- To send periodic emails regarding our other products and services (you can opt-out of these emails when you fill out your email address and afterwards, also at any time).
- For administration purposes (information regarding your purchases and transactions).
- To correspond with you (live chat, email or phone inquiries).
- To be able to offer our services to you (the community on our website).
- To analyse statistics of visitors to our website (IP-addresses, cookie IDs).
- To analyse preferences of website visitors, based on previous or current website activity, so that we can improve our services (cookie IDs).
- Aggregating data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future (cookie IDs).
- To show you advertisements through different channels (using cookie IDs).
On what legal basis do you process my personal information?
We process your personal information on the following legal basis:
- we require your personal information because it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us (your order of our products, the use of our services such as the community);
- we require your personal information for compliance with legal obligations (amongst others to send you a confirmation by email of your purchase, to comply with book keeping obligations);
- for certain types of processing we may ask your consent (e.g. sending commercial emails). You may withdraw your consent at any time for the future (withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before the withdrawal);
- we require your personal information for the purposes of our legitimate interests, including keeping in contact with you about our products and services, analysing information about site visits so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future, to correspond with you.
Am I required to provide my personal information?
Yes, you are required to provide some personal information in order for us to process your purchase order. We require the personal information you fill out during the registration, order and payment process, such as your name, email address, credit card details. Without this information, we cannot process your purchase order.
We do not sell or trade your personal information.
We make use of service providers, such as the hosting provider of our website, advertising service providers (see also below, with regard to cookies) and an administrative service provider, to be able to offer and operate our website and our business.
How long is my personal information stored?
If you have purchased a product, we store your personal information as long as you have an account with us. The reason for this being that we will have to notify you when a product is updated. When you close your account, your personal information will be removed, save for information we are required to store pursuant to tax laws in Australia, such as information relating to your purchase and transactions and our financial obligations during a period of seven years.
The information you contribute to the community, as well as your user name and profile information, will be shown to other users as long as we offer the community services and as long as the information is relevant for the community.
For the cookie storage periods, see below, with regard to cookies.
How do we protect your information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
The following non-functional cookies are transferred when you visit our website:
Name cookie: Facebook Connect
Type of cookie: tracking cookie
Placed by: Facebook, Inc.
Purposes: used for remarketing so that we can show you relevant advertisements when you visit other websites, based on your visit of our website.
Retention Period: 180 days
Do we ask your consent: yes, for this type of cookie we require your consent.
Can I turn the cookies off?
You can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since each browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn your cookies off, some of the features that make your website experience more efficient may not function properly.
What rights to do I have with regard to my personal information?
Pursuant to Australia privacy laws, you have – at least – the following rights:
- the right to ask access to your personal information;
- the right to have incorrect personal information rectified – you can always change your personal information by logging in on your account on our website;
- under certain conditions to have your personal information erased;
- under certain conditions to have the processing of your personal information restricted;
- under certain conditions to object to the processing of your personal information;
- when we use your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can object to this unconditionally;
- the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, where it concerns personal information you have provided to us and the processing is based on your consent or required for the performance of a contract and is carried out by automated means; in that case you may also ask us to transfer your personal data to another processor, where technically feasible;
- you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Life Business International PtyLtd trading as Life Business Consultancy. ABN: 45405365029.
Address: P.O. Box 38, Glen Iris, 3146, Victoria, Australia